Veolia is the largest sustainable environmental solutions organization globally. With over 163,000 employees worldwide, we specialize in water, waste and energy management
Must hold a Grade 6 or 7 MA Wastewater License
Provides technical direction in the laboratory; performs laboratory and field chemical and biological analyses of materials; and researches, sets up, and carries out testing programs. Coordinates and performs sampling and inspections as IPP Coordinator.
• Operates equipment manually and through instrument panels, computer terminals, and programmable logic control units in an assigned area.
• Performs field tests (chemical, physical and biological) in order to pace chemical dosages for process and odor control units or alter unit processes.
• Monitors and observes operating conditions, and records observations and data in area shift log; diagnoses basic operational problems, and takes corrective action; and communicates status, changes, and abnormalities in operating areas.
• Follows process control procedures for assigned areas; verifies and reports suspected malfunctions and variances to supervisor.
• Prepares chemical solutions, and monitors process chemical supplies and recommends reorder.
• Samples water, wastewater, sludge, and gases according to schedule; and services automatic samplers.
• Performs routine lab tests and routine instrument calibration for portable meters.
• Performs minor maintenance including routine preventive maintenance, lubrication, and minor adjustments; and performs basic troubleshooting of equipment, recommends solutions and, where appropriate, fills out work orders.
• Operates vehicles for plant operational purposes.
• Provides on-the-job training for Operator in Training and Operator I & II in operational, maintenance, and safety duties as required.
• Assures work is performed in a safe and professional manner by following established safety, operating, and emergency response procedures.
• Performs cleanup and housekeeping tasks for work area, tools, equipment, facilities, and grounds.
• Performs the duties of Operator Supervisor and related duties as needed.
• Performs the duties of Laboratory Technician I as needed, and assists with computer input
• High School education or equivalent with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally (operational, process, safety and quality instructions). Must have the ability to perform basic math equations. Associate's degree in a science or technical area strongly preferred..
• Requires knowledge of hazardous chemicals and materials used in the laboratory; of the care and maintenance of laboratory equipment including the ability to test equipment to ensure quality standards; with a thorough working knowledge of laboratory safety standards, procedures, and techniques.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving record if performing field work.
sitting (5%), and bending (5%).