The Building Services Technician II utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment and grounds. Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance.
The chosen individual will utilize several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complying with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Inspecting building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Overseeing and inspecting the work performed by outside contractors. (Contracted work includes landscaping, snow removal, remodeling, HVAC, plumbers, and cleaning.)
- Performing assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance while completing maintenance and repair records as required.
- Reviewing assigned work orders and estimating time and materials needed to complete repair.
- Ordering necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Maintaining an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
- Maintaining the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
- Performing welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed.
- Responding quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers. May coordinate work and assign tasks.
Experience and Skills:
- 5 or more years of extensive practical experience in Building Services
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists. Intermediate analytical skills.
- Aptitude for technology along with proficient skills with Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
Education, Certifications and Licenses:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of four years of related experience and/or trade school training.
- Electrical Journeyman license required.
- Universal CFC certification preferred.
- Additional certification in one or more of the following: electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair. Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions.
Hours & Work Schedule
- Hours per Week: 40
- Work Schedule: Mon - Fri 7AM - 3:30PM
Why Work with Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank and Citizens Securities, Inc. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries, and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania.
Instructions to Apply:
Apply directly through our website at: https://jobs.citizensbank.com/search-jobs/182045/288/1
Req ID 182045