Under the general direction of the Director of Plant Operations or his/her designee performs general maintenance for all systems and equipment within the hospital; preventative maintenance; repairs to all mechanical systems.
1. Correctly completes preventive and corrective maintenance work requests in a timely manner.
2. Records and maintains data pertinent to the healthcare mission of Cambridge Health Alliance.
3. Maintains acceptable mechanical knowledge and skills base to meet the requirements of the facilities.
4. Reads, interprets, and follows NFPA codes, TJC accreditation requirements, Commonwealth of Mass. State Health Department licensure regulations, Commonwealth of Mass. State Electrical Codes, EPA regulations and Current Commonwealth of Mass. State Building Codes as they relate to the daily functions of the Alliance Facilities.
5. Monitoring and troubleshooting of assigned equipment and devices using test equipment, technical manuals, control drawings, electrical schematics, and mechanical diagrams.
a. Follows preventive and predictive maintenance for testing, cleaning, planned repairs, equipment maintenance, and operations.
b. Orders and maintains stock
c. General maintenance duties including but not limited to working to reduce energy consumption, replacing ceiling tiles, performing minor carpentry such as cutting of drywall for repairing of holes, painting of small areas, applying fire stopping materials to ensure fire safety as required, floor tile replacement, performing minor furniture repairs, and minor roofing repairs
d. Observes outside contracting work and communicates code violations or concerns to supervisor for follow-up.
e. Completes required paper work and makes required computer based entries into CHA systems as needed
f. Participates in appropriate role in fire drill and disaster drills, fires and other situations
g. Provides assistance support for snow removal, moving, and other infrequent, extraordinary tasks as requested.
6. Periodically tours boiler room checking boiler steam pressure water level. Test and add chemicals to boiler and deaerator as needed. Deaerator water temperature and steam pressure. Boiler feed pump operation gas pressure blowdown boiler as needed makes all repairs as necessary
7. Must be familiar with the operation of all building systems.
8. May assist the licensed electrician in performance of their duties.
9. Performs basic electrical duties such as replacing nurse call cords replacing light bulbs etc.
10. May assist the licensed plumber in performance in duties.
11. Performs basic plumbing duties such as fixing leaking faucets and clogged toilets.
12. Performs mechanical duties such as minting and inspecting machines devices and equipment for defects.
13. Repairs tables other furniture and equipment such as door locks and door closers involving replacing and adjusting.
14. Performs preventative maintenance on other hospital equipment and systems.
15. Checks all lighting in and around the hospital buildings. Replaces burnt out bulbs as necessary.
16. Removes and replaces defective or outdated equipment.
17. Procures necessary parts and material for jobs.
18. Make necessary repairs to the ground on the Everett campus.
19. Performs project work as assigned.
20. Performs equipment/machine space rounds on assigned shifts or as otherwise requested.
21. May assist the licensed HVAC mechanic in the performance of their duties.
22. Performs minor carpentry such as adjusting doors, closers, installing shelving.
23. Cleans shop and mechanical spaces/equipment.
24. May drive hospitals truck for pickup of equipment and supplies as requested.
25. Moves furniture, file cabinets, beds, tables and boxes as required.
26. May be required to work overtime when necessary.
27. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
o Equivalent to 4 years of high school vocational training or equivalent experience.
o Commonwealth of Massachusetts 2nd class team fireman license preference or relevant experience preferred.
o EPA Section 608 Refrigeration Certification preferred.
• Work Experience:
o Three years' experience working in Plant Operations in the Healthcare industry preferred
Apply via linkJob Link: