Position is on-call and potential to become full-time
Under the general direction of the Director of Plant Operations or his/her designee performs general maintenance for all systems and equipment within the hospital; preventative maintenance; repairs to all mechanical systems.
Job - Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Correctly completes preventive and corrective maintenance work requests in a timely manner.
2. Records and maintains data pertinent to the healthcare mission of Cambridge Health Alliance.
3. Maintains acceptable mechanical knowledge and skills base to meet the requirements of the facilities.
4. Reads, interprets, and follows NFPA codes, TJC accreditation requirements, Commonwealth of Mass. State Health Department licensure regulations, Commonwealth of Mass. State Electrical Codes, EPA regulations and Current Commonwealth of Mass. State Building Codes as they relate to the daily functions of the Alliance Facilities.
5. Monitoring and troubleshooting of assigned equipment and devices using test equipment, technical manuals, control drawings, electrical schematics, and mechanical diagrams. a. Follows preventive and predictive maintenance for testing, cleaning, planned repairs, equipment maintenance, and operations. b. Orders and maintains stock c. General maintenance duties including but not limited to working to reduce energy consumption, replacing ceiling tiles, performing minor carpentry such as cutting of drywall for repairing of holes, painting of small areas, applying fire stopping materials to ensure fire safety as required, floor tile replacement, performing minor furniture repairs, and minor roofing repairs d. Observes outside contracting work and communicates code violations or concerns to supervisor for follow-up. e. Completes required paper work and makes required computer based entries into CHA systems as needed f. Participates in appropriate role in fire drill and disaster drills, fires and other situations g. Provides assistance support for snow removal•
o Equivalent to 4 years of high school vocational training or equivalent experience. Licensure: o Commonwealth of Massachusetts 2nd class team fireman license preference or relevant experience. • Certifications: o EPA Section 608 Refrigeration Certification preferred. • Work Experience: o Three years' experience working in Plant Operations in the Healthcare industry. • Physical Skills: o Extended periods of sitting, bending, and walking. o Eye-hand coordination. o May work irregular hours between meals or breaks o Able to manipulate small to large objects, align heavy furniture, as well as objects and tools. o Able to enter data in logs work orders records etc. with legible numbers and letters. o Visual acuity to accurately read small print and or numbers from work orders, instruction manuals. o Can maneuver up and down moderate to high ladders on tops of equipment small tight spaces. o Able to reach arm's length in front of the center line of body full length overhead. o Able to lift carry heavy objects tools of no more than forty (40) pounds weight. o Able to bend, twist, rotate around body axis to service, repair, and equipment. o Auditory acuity to hear phones, equipment alarms, voices and converse in a very noisy environment. • Mental Skills: o Can work independently self-starter accepts responsibility readily o Cognitive ability to read write understand analyze work order requests policies procedures. o Can evaluate process information rapidly make appropriate judgments decisions. o Multi-task oriented good organizational abilities o Able to work in demanding stressful environment with concentration to complete the task in spite of interruptions distractions customer comments etc. o Able to work with little or no direct supervision. o Working Conditions and Physical Environment: o Fluorescent lighting some natural light in some areas. o Concrete floors some vinyl flooring in some areas
Apply online at