Excellent compensation Package. This position plays a key role in the day to day operation of a small multi-tenant laboratory facility in Cambridge, MA. The facility has a variety of HVAC systems including but not limited to; boilers, chillers, air handlers, exhaust systems and fan coil units. This position will perform daily operations, tours maintenance and repairs on utility systems, and building systems with little to no supervision. This position will also be required to interface directly with tenants and respond to HVAC calls in a timely manner.
- Performs Maintenance and repairs on all HVAC equipment and systems, electrical systems and plumbing systems
- Operate, troubleshoot and repair utility systems which may include, RODI, Steam, Autoclaves, Glassware Washers, HVAC, environmental Rooms, chillers, MV and LV electrical distribution, waste water treatment under little to no supervision.
- Supply information and technical data for securing spare parts.
- Provide responsive customer support with emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- May be required to be on call and respond to issues after hours
- May be required to respond to calls at other facilities in the Boston area
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience performing operations and maintenance on utility systems, HVAC systems in a laboratory facility
- Experience reading control schematics, loop diagrams, and P&IDs.
- Able to work independently under little to no supervision
- Preferred qualifications:
- Proficient computer skills utilizing MS Office suite applications, Building Management Systems,
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Licensure any of the following areas: Refrigeration/Air Conditioning, Waste Water Treatment, Electrician, or Plumbing or Pipe fitter.
- Experience with chillers and chilled water systems
- Special requirements:
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Instructions to Apply: