Boiler Maintenance Technician
Zimmer Biomet, Braintree, MA is seeking a Boiler Operator Maintenance Technician.
- Safely operate high-pressure boiler and related steam equipment.
- Operate boiler/steam and auxiliary equipment safely as specified by Standard Operating Procedures and applicable state licensing requirements.
- Reads meters & gauges at specified intervals to ensure proper temperature, pressure, water levels, etc.
- Checks/monitors operating systems to detect faulty operating equipment to determine necessary repairs, to notify appropriate personnel and/or to determine when to shut system down.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of equipment which includes: cleaning, maintaining, lubricating, adjusting, and/or performing minor repairs to manufacturing process equipment, building/plant systems, and auxiliary equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Perform and assist in building operational related activities; responding as needed during weather related events.
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean work area.
- Complete all related documentation for assigned duties, which includes: recording data and maintaining logs on such matters as temperature, meter, gauge readings, maintenance tasks, etc.
- Follow all GMP's and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Ability to write and/or read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write and understand written manufacturing instructions applicable to assigned area of responsibility.
- Ability to read, understand and follow manufacturing documentation and instructions.
- Ability to operate within product specifications.
- Ability to escalate significant problems to the appropriate level of personnel.
Current Massachusetts First or Second Class Fireman's license. Vocational school training or high school diploma.
1 year experience operating steam equipment in a GMP environment preferred.
Other Requirements or Duties:
- Maintain a professional and safe attitude at all times.
- Attend all required in house and external trainings.
- Report directly to Boiler Chief.
Instructions to Apply: