The Kensington Investment Company - Boston, MA Assistant Maintenance Manager KIC The Kensington Investment Company, Inc. (KIC), is the family office of the Lewis Family. KIC’s primary areas of investment include real estate, direct investments in private companies, and alternative investment vehicles, such as private equity and venture capital funds. In addition to real estate and other investments, the Lewis Family owns Grand Circle Corporation (GCC), which operates through the brands Grand Circle Cruise Line, Overseas Adventure Travel, and Grand Circle Travel, and is the nationally recognized leader in international travel, adventure, and discovery to Americans over the age of 50. The Lewis family and KIC have formalized their commitment to changing people’s lives and giving back to the communities where they travel, live, and work through philanthropic endeavors, which include Pinnacle Leadership Foundation, Lewis Family Foundation, Grand Circle Foundation, and the Eastman’s Corner Foundation. Top 2 Goals for Assistance Maintenance Manager: 60% - Achieve Overall Service Excellence Target of 85%, 40% - Achieve Individual Service Excellence Target of 95% Position Summary:
The Assistant Maintenance Manager performs maintenance duties necessary to maintain the physical condition and appearance of multiple properties while utilizing company operating and safety standards. The candidate also ensures that service requests and minor repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner. The candidate should exemplify the Company values of risk taking and open and courageous communication by raising issues immediately and concisely with appropriate recommended actions.
Job Location: Boston Position Type: Full-Time, plus On-Call Hours Reports to: Property Manager Salary: Commensurate on experience Key Requirements:
- Ability to identify hot issues and quickly point them out with candor and honesty
- Proven emotional maturity
- Consistently applies KIC values High attention to detail
- Ability to act swiftly and diligently to resolve issues
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal High level of integrity/ethics, dependability, customer focus, adaptability, and flexibility
- Must be computer proficient
- Must possess neat and orderly work habits
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and vehicle
- Possesses adequate knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and heating standard practices
- Basic knowledge of general carpentry
- Ability to handle emergency and pressure sensitive situations due to complexity and time sensitivity when resolving problems
- High sense of urgency
- Ability to lift and exert 50 to 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 lbs. of force constantly
- Ability to work non-traditional hours Desired Qualifications:
- State licenses in construction and HVAC.
- Performs various maintenance functions including minor repairs that do not require the need for a license in the following areas: electrical, plumbing, appliances, flooring, carpentry, heating/air issues.
- Maintains equipment and monitors inventory.
- Responsible for snow removal. Responsible for grounds work as directed by Property Manager which may include picking up trash, sweeping curb and dumpster areas, and maintaining landscaping beds and other areas.
- Performs emergency on-call service for after hour maintenance-related issues as required.
- Participates in on-call rotation for properties. Performs assigned preventive maintenance duties and tasks.
- Completes special projects as assigned by Director of Capital Projects & Facilities Services or Property Manager.
- Works professionally and cooperatively with all residents, tenants, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Participates in training seminars as requested.
- Utilizes computer based work order system.
- Performs inspections on, and maintains life safety systems including fire extinguishers, generators, fire alarm and sprinkler systems.
- Occasionally participates in special projects and other responsibilities at buildings in portfolio Note: These are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities.
Qualifying Personal Surveys: All eligible candidates will be required to complete a Predictive Index and Leadership Evaluation Assessment survey; drug screening, and background check. Job Type: Full-time Job Location: Boston, MA Required license or certification: * State licenses in construction and HVAC
Instructions to Apply: