The Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport) is currently accepting applications for the position of Airport Utility Person Bargaining Unit, Local Union No. 25 in the Aviation Department at Worcester Regional Airport. The Airport Utility Person performs a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled tasks in support of the security, maintenance, and repair of Worcester Regional Airport and surrounding areas.
EDUCATION LEVEL: Ability to read and demonstrate basic oral, written, mathematical and manual skills including the ability to operate machinery. Ability to communicate in standard English.
EXPERIENCE IN RELATED FIELD: Previous airport and snow removal experience preferred. Previous safety and security experience preferred.
- Valid and current CDL B driver's license unrestricted except for corrective lenses required, Class A preferred.
- MA Class 2A, 1C, and 4G Hoisting Licenses required within 6 months of employment.
- Ability to pass Massport security check, and obtain and maintain a Massport Security Badge.
- Must successfully complete Airport Security Training Program.
- Must pass airfield driving test and obtain Aerodrome Ramp, Apron, and Airfield License.
- Ability to pass Massport pre-employment drug test and background check.
- Ability to pass random drug and breath alcohol test in compliance with Massport CDL policy.
- Must obtain Massachusetts Firearms Identification Card within 6 months of employment (need ability to possess shotgun and/or rifle for performance of wildlife mitigations functions).
- Ability to successfully complete firearms safety and proficiency standards (associated with wildlife mitigation).
Massport is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity
Instructions to Apply:
Please apply on-line through http://www.massport.com.