Great opportunity for an experienced person to enter into the field of Industrial Mechanics in a good manufacturing environment. We are a leading snack and healthy alternative food manufacturer in Chelsea with a modern facility that is currently experiencing aggressive expansion and upgrades. We offer training along with overtime opportunities and the ability to enter this exciting field. Experience in any mechanical trade or discipline would be considered so long as your work history proves you are a dedicated employee with correct aptitude and attitude to do the job. Competitive Salary and Benefits based on experience with the opportunity for review.
* Directs workers engaged in dismantling, assembling and installing manufacturing equipment;
* Technically directs maintenance personnel in all phases of installation, repair and maintenance of
* Assists workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment;
* Evaluates and corrects all mechanical and/or building problems that may arise in plant;
* Profiles direction and leadership for maintenance crew and controls scheduling;
* Operates all equipment in accordance with company safety rules and procedures;
* Responsible for inventory management of spare equipment and spare parts to minimize time and money
spent on emergency ordering;
* All other duties as assigned
* Communicates clearly in verbal and written format;
* Highly organized; superior time management skills;
* Knowledge of manufacturing electrical, mechanical procedures; good administration skills.
* Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations; adaptable to changing situations.
* Leadership ability; ability to direct and supervise others.
Required Education and Experience
* High School Diploma and 3-4 years industrial mechanical experience, preferably in a food manufacturing
* 1-2 years supervisory experience
* Frequently required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, bend and kneel
* Frequently required to push, pull, move or lift up to 50 lbs.
* Regularly required to reach with hands and arms