Brookfield Properties is a fully-integrated, global real estate services company, providing industry-leading portfolio management capabilities across the real estate investment strategies of Brookfield Asset Management, a global alternative asset manager. Brookfield Properties develops and manages premier real estate with a focus on maximizing the tenant experience and investment performance. We are committed to integrating leading-edge real estate technologies which keep us at the forefront of innovation and sustainability – benefiting not only our tenants and business partners but also the communities in which we operate.
Looking for a Supervisor that has experience with a residential property with 500+ Units. Must have a valid drivers license, and be willing to work an on-call rotation.
We are searching for a talented Maintenance Supervisor to be based out of University Park in Cambridge, MA.
Supervise, coordinate, performs and schedules all maintenance related operations associated with the general, operational and preventative maintenance of 4 independently operating multifamily buildings, with a total of 531 apartment and 2 retail spaces.
Troubleshooting of all mechanical systems components. Repairing, scheduling, monitoring, performing and implementing preventative maintenance of HVAC and mechanical equipment, including but not limited to boilers, chiller, domestic water booster pumps, plumbing systems, fan coil and heat pump systems, automated building systems, condensers, RTU's., etc.
Candidate will have, advanced property, mechanical maintenance and supervisory knowledge with the ability to coordinate, perform , supervise, train and multi-task in a fast-paced luxury apartment setting. Advanced plumbing, electrical and HVAC experience and knowledge. General to advanced carpentry, interior maintenance and housekeeping knowledge. General to advanced fire/safety systems knowledge. Advanced leadership skills and experience managing a team of up to 10.
• Supervises and coordinates efforts of the maintenance staff. Recommends new hires, discipline, and contributes to performance appraisal. Responsible for training, coaching, and communications to the maintenance staff.
• Performs or assigns work to repair and maintain mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning. Diagnoses problems. Disassembles units, cleans, lubricates, repairs, and replaces parts.
• Performs or assigns routine to difficult carpentry duties, including installation of new doors and installation or repairs of doorjambs, moldings, hinges, door closers, locks, knobs, etc. Also, may include drywall or plaster repair and painting duties.
• Performs or assigns routine to difficult electrical duties, including inspecting and testing lighting, wiring and power circuits, replaces faulty switches, replaces faulty lamps and ballasts.
• Performs or assigns routine to difficult plumbing duties, including unclogging sinks and toilets, repair of faucet, assemblies and replacement of washers, repairs or replacement pipes, repair of fountains, etc.
• Interface with contractors and vendors. Depending on property needs, creates written specifications and secures bids for services in accordance with established bid process. Solicits bids, negotiates with vendors for goods and services, schedules work to be completed, etc.
• Schedules services on turnover units with contractors. Schedules regular PM work for community. Actively working with immediate supervisor on recommended big projects for the community.
• Attend construction meetings for new developments and assist with punch out units and ensures timely delivery of such units.
• Performs duties related to capital projects. Bidding, vendor solicitation and property walks, as well as project management through the life of the project. Manages 25-50 capital projects yearly totaling over $1 million dollars for four buildings.
• This position requires a High School Diploma/GED.
• An additional degree that is preferred for this position include: High School Diploma/GED.
• 3-4 years of required experience in Commercial or Multi-Unit property.
• Preferred certifications for this position include: HVAC (depending on property needs), Electrical, or Appliance.
• A valid driver's license may be needed depending on the property.
• Required skills for this position include: self-motivated, team-player, communication, interpersonal, attention to detail, customer service, initiative, and personal accountability.
• Must be willing to work an on-call rotation with Maintenance Staff.
• This position requires up to 10% travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace
Apply Online via lin below.Job Link: