Under the supervision of the Superintendent of Buildings:
- installs, repairs and maintains heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment and systems including refrigeration units, air and water filters, motors, fans, air compressors, generators, condensers, pumps, boiler and chiller plants and automatic temperature controls;
- inspects equipment for malfunction and makes adjustments and/or corrections;
- checks equipment and systems for proper temperature and climatic conditions;
- lubricates motors and bearings;
- replaces worn and defective parts;
- performs related work as required.
- Minimum (2) years demonstrated experience in institutional HVAC and Refrigeration Systems operation, maintenance, repairs and installation. Certificate of completion from accredited vocational school curriculum in HVAC, Refrigeration Training Program preferred.
- Current Commonwealth of Massachusetts License as Refrigeration Technician or Refrigeration Contractor preferred.
- Experience with direct digital control based energy management systems preferred.
RATE: $22.94 – 32.35/per hour + excellent benefits
Instructions to Apply:
Applicants must complete a Labor Service Application available from and returned to: Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139. Fax: (617) 349-4312. We are an AA/EEO Employer. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Applications are available on our website. Please visit http://www.cambridgema.gov and click on ‘Jobs’.