GEOTHERMAL/HEATING, VENTILATING, AIR CONDITIONING TECHNICIAN
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Possesses a valid Massachusetts Refrigeration Technician's license.
- Certification as a Grade 2 Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator or able to obtain said certification within a reasonable period of time.
- Holds an appropriate and valid Massachusetts driver's license with a good driving record.
- A minimum of five years current experience in the HVAC and/or Geothermal trade
- Proven ability to work in a polite and friendly manner with many different publics.
- Ability to assume various duties required of a physically demanding job.
- Certification of good health signed by the school department physician.
- Must possess a sense of humor.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the School Department may find appropriate and acceptable.
Supervisor of Buildings and Grounds and/or his designee.
- To provide students with a safe, attractive, clean, comfortable and efficient place in which to learn, play and develop.
- To operate and maintain the Geothermal Heating and Cooling System and HVAC units of the school district.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Develops and implements plans for the operation and preventive maintenance of the Geothermal, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Systems for the department.
- Ensures routine maintenance, repair and troubleshooting for all heating and ventilation needs within the department including rooftop HVAC units.
- Performs routine manual labor associated with the operation, repairs, maintenance and alterations associated with the Geothermal and HVAC units including removing and recharging freon from systems.
- Installs and maintains fittings, valves, traps, condensers, evaporators, and other related machinery such as deep well pumps, motors and controller
- Measures, cuts and threads pipe using hand and power tools.
- Joins pipe and fittings using threaded or slip joints, sweating, caulking, leading and/or other packings or adhesives.
- Makes and installs gaskets and re-packs valves.
- Ensures the maintenance of assigned equipment and a safe, clean assigned work area.
- Interprets blueprints and sketches as necessary to complete assigned plumbing tasks.
- Submits job estimates of time lines, materials and required support staff to complete specific projects.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Maintains supply inventories and operating records related to plant operations.
- Generates required reports and other documentation relative to the Geothermal/HVAC operation of the department.
- Meets and communicates effectively with the maintenance staff, school officials, regulating bodies and the public as required by the role.
- Performs such other duties and assumes such other responsibilities as may be designated by the Supervisor of Buildings and Grounds and/or his designee.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of those in this classification.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 8 hours per work day; 12 month work year.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with procedures established by the School Committee.
Per current Skilled Craftsmen Contract. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Instructions to Apply: