The Facilities Manager is a hands-on leader with strong mechanical skills. The Facilities Manager is responsible for the planning, directing and coordinating activities concerned with the maintenance and operation of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and life safety systems to ensure a safe, comfortable and productive work environment. The Facilities Manager will work closely with the Director of Facilities in the safeguarding of hotel property, assets, guests, visitors, and employees. Give direction to Security Officers as needed on specific shifts.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports directly to the Director of Facilities and distributes work as directed by the Director
- Hands on mechanically skilled leader who will work along side the Fix It Crew.
- Assist in the planning and direction the highly skilled engineering staff, placing particular emphasis on research and development to achieve product engineering objectives.
- Responsible for quality control of contracted vendors performing work on property.
- Organizes engineering staff to accomplish goals efficiently and authorizes recruitment of additional personnel as required.
- Ensure the Preventive Maintenance Program is completed with systematic checks and inspections to aid in the upkeep of the hotel and assists in the established proactive maintenance program to prevent malfunctions, breakdowns and general depreciation.
- Ensure the Cabin Preventive Maintenance schedule is adhered to. Each cabin is to fully undergo full Preventive Maintenance four times per year.
- Ensure the Public Area Preventive Maintenance schedule is adhered to.
- Monitors progress of projects, confers with project engineers, and reviews reports to see that development is progressing according to schedule and within budgetary guidelines.
- Facilitates good working relationships among staff and fosters an environment of growth and accountability for all members of the department.
- Provides training for Engineers as needed.
- Monitoring technical factors and quality standards, preparing and implementing quality control plans and associated procedures.
- Ensuring procedural adherence. Resolving unexpected issues related to technical as well as predictive maintenance by providing appropriate recommendations.
- Implementing up-gradations of equipment/ mechanisms or parameters depending by the product change to increase efficiency, quality and machine health.
- Maintains inventory control as it relates to equipment and supplies.
- Enforces safety regulations for all staff, identify deficiencies and correct with input from maintenance manager.
- Supervises and records RPM’s and EPM’s on a predetermined basis.
- Immediately and courteously responds to guests needs in order to repair and/or resolve room maintenance requests and problems as they arise.
- Maintains tools, work spaces and equipment in safe, secure and good condition in order to reduce accidents and to prolong their use.
- Repairs and/or changes room locks for the security of hotel and guests.
- Adjusts and repairs electronic problems on hotel equipment, including televisions, alarm clocks, HVAC units, etc.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous manner at all times.