GENERAL SUMMARY: The Mechanic position will be responsible for maintaining and repairing all Distribution Center and Facilities equipment, inclusive of but not limited to: automated sortation systems, conveyors, automated packing machines and various material handling equipment. Facilities related equipment such as, rooftop hvac, boilers and compressors. Other responsibilities to include scheduling of preventive maintenance, repair and maintaining inventory of critical spare parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repair and Maintenance of low pressure steam boilers, cooling tower, chillers and rooftop package units.
- Responsible for investigating and taking corrective action for any and all maintenance problems within the Distribution Center and Corporate offices.
- Assist in establishing and working within the confines of the fiscal budget while meeting all departmental objectives.
- Perform basic maintenance and repairs for all Distribution and Facilities equipment such as conveyors, sorters, forklifts, electrical controls, HVAC, etc.
- Work with sub-contractors and vendors as needed on testing, maintaining and repairing all Distribution Center and Facilities equipment.
- Trained and properly complying with OSHA standards and safety requirements, hazardous materials handling, company policies, and emergency procedures as it relates to Distribution Center equipment
- Actively involved working with DC and Engineering management on various expansion and efficiency initiatives.
- Assist with internal DC and Corporate office moves of furniture and equipment.
- Prepare all department documentation such as: work logs, equipment check sheets, preventative maintenance documentation, etc.
- Communicate suggestions, problems and concerns with appropriate corrective actions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be flexible to business needs.
- 3-5 years of maintenance experience—fulfillment center, warehouse experience preferred.
- Knowledge of building codes, trades standards and general practices within facility maintenance.
- General knowledge of electrical, PLC, conveyor systems, lift trucks and mechanical systems.
- Experience with EuroSort Sorters, Dematic (Rapistan) conveyors and material handling equipment a plus.
- Experience with HVAC systems a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Previous experience in a supervisory or lead position a plus.
Instructions to Apply: