- Under general supervision supervise the operation, repair and maintenance of operating equipment: serve as the in house engineer; respond to and make minor and emergency repairs to: all BPHC related equipment, power failures, water and steam line breaks, all associated electrical components. Monitor all operating equipment related computers and be able to respond to problems via computer.
- Maintain and repair BPHC equipment i.e. air compre sors, refrigeration systems, air-conditioning systems, heating systems, low pressure lines, condensate pumps, thermostats, air and steam pressure regulators and any associated equipment.
- Monitor, operate and regulate the steam system that produces heat and hot water.
- Monitor, operate and regulate pressure and water level in boilers as well as checking feed pumps, fuel oil pumps, expansion tanks, clean and prepare boilers for annual insurance inspection
- Repair leaks in steam, oil and return lines; packing pumps, change gaskets, repair regulating equipment, replace traps, repair cooling systems, packing machinery and replace valves.
- Record building hvac air handler and fan coil unit temperatures on daily log sheets.
- Monitor all building hvac systems via computer based programs make adjustments as necessary Perform other duties as required
- Possession of a current and valid 2n
- Valid MA driver's license and daily access to a working vehicle required.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Steam Fireman in health care facilities with power plant and physical facilities comparable to those at Long Island Campus and Mattapan Campus.
- Knowledge ofMetasys and Tridium computer based building hvac control systems preferred. Ability to work with a multi disciplinary, multi cultural team and a diverse group of people required. Good communications skills.
City of Boston Residency Required, A Criminal Offenders Records Information request must be completed for this position. However, a record is not an automatic bar to employment but is reviewed in relation to the job applied for., Any position that requires an advanced degree will be subject to education verification, The Boston Public Health Commission is an EEO Employer and all applicants meeting the minimum requirements are eligible to apply.
- Union Status: Union
- Job Grade: 10A
- Pay Range: $818.32 - $999.12
- Standard Hours
- Shift: 40 hrs/week On call and nights/or weekend coverage reguired
- 1position open for either Steam Fireman or 3rd Class Engineer
Instructions to Apply:
Apply via link. Requisition 707.