US-MA-Boston North – Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Wilmington, Massachusetts (Boston North)
Summary of Position:
AEi is seeking intermediate- to senior-level manufacturing engineering technicians to help with the building and testing of automation subsystems, final assemblies, precision fixtures, and tooling. The right candidate will be able to work with other technicians as well as mechanical, electrical, and software engineers on a variety of electro-mechanical, optical and robotic projects. This position provides the opportunity to work with customer teams at top-tier technology companies around the world. Preferred candidates will have excellent verbal/ written and interpersonal communication skills. Problem solving skills are essential. Ideal candidates are self-motivated, and able to work both independently and as part of a cross functional team. Some travel may be required to support the development, installation, and validation of equipment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- The building, integration and testing of precision fixtures and complex electro -mechanical subsystems, tooling and final assemblies.
- Supporting manufacturing and field teams with troubleshooting, debug operations, and sustaining engineering of existing products
- 5+ years manufacturing experience with machine assembly, wiring, and test.
- Able to read blueprints, schematics, engineering drawings, and technical orders (ECO’s) to determine methods and sequence of assembly operations.
- Strong precision soldering experience (certification preferred)
- Able to complete complex assemblies and ensure proper interaction of components.
- Strong electrical background /can troubleshoot simple wiring and electrical assemblies.
- Ability to perform testing and troubleshooting in a variety of engineering tasks.
- Proficient use of measuring instruments such as digital multi-meters, micrometers, calipers, and height gauges.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, precision instruments, and test equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate physical dexterity, ability to bend and to lift (< 50lbs.)
- U.S. citizenship or U.S. work permit required, local candidates only
- Acute attention to detail with moderate supervision.
- Initiative and responsibility for successful execution of multiple tasks through all project stages
- Proficiency in the use of a PC, Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
Instructions to Apply:
Please send all resumes to ekaplan@aeiboston,com