Forest City Realty Trust, Inc. is a NYSE-listed national real estate company engaged in commercial and residential real estate throughout the United States. Forest City Associates are committed to creating superior communities where people LIVE, WORK, SHOP and STAY!
We are searching for a talented Chief Engineer to be based out of our complex located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. At Forest City, we are thoughtful in social responsibility and pride ourselves in fostering an inclusive and dynamic workplace that provides opportunities for continuous growth!
The Chief Engineer will provide leadership and supervision of engineering operations at one or more buildings in the assigned market. The prime engineering responsibilities includes the direction, coordination and control of activities and personnel to deliver superior customer service in a safe and stable operating environment. Working with the property and corporate teams the Chief Engineer will actively manage the site operating budget and expenses to meet or exceed annual goals. The Chief Engineer will review and approve all capital projects and tenant fit out plans. Additional duties include utility management and tracking according to group and corporate initiatives.
Category Commercial Management Employment Type Regular Full-Time Job Location : Address 35 Lansdowne St Job Location : City Cambridge Job Location : State/Province MA Requisition ID 2018-3581 Overview Forest City Realty Trust, Inc. is a NYSE-lis,
- Provide leadership and supervision to on-site engineering staff. Creates and manages annual performance plans for engineering team members. Meets weekly with engineering team to review current operating conditions, ongoing TI projects and initiatives.
- Directly responsible for all operation and management of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC equipment in the assigned properties or portfolio. Develops, manages and adapts preventative maintenance requirements using CMMS and building automation system (BAS) systems data to minimize downtime and unscheduled outage, maintaining tenant critical operations. Directs, contracts and assess repairs and replacement of major systems and or components in the assigned properties.
- Manages and set expectations for engineering staff service levels insuring tenant's satisfaction as part of process maintains open communication with all tenants, to quantify goals are being achieved. Implement, manage and administer Tenant Improvement Rules and Regulations. Reviews and approves tenant fit out plans and drawings. Assigns appropriate engineering coverage to monitor and manage landlord coordination.
- Implement guidelines ensuring safe and proper operation of lab and office environments.
- Energy Conservation Program: Use systemic measures to promote energy awareness and conservation at managed properties. Champion consolidated energy conservation programs to achieve maximum results from tenants and staff. Participate in corporate sustainability initiatives Assist in the utility purchasing process providing historical usage trends and projected changes is site load profiles.
- Create and track purchase orders and service entry sheets in SAP for expenses associated with the engineering group. Proactively manage and track expenses including HVAC, R&M and utilities. Review monthly cash flow detail reports for variances and issues creating action plans to address anomalies. Work with Asset Manager, PM and Dir of Engineering to create annual budgets, projections and variance reports as required. Manage engineering payroll and overtime.
- Supports leasing effort by: helping with leasing plans, review of tenant space drawings, and proposed MEP requirements.
- Conducts inspections of all building and systems ensuring compliance with operating requirements including PM schedules, Water Treatment Testing, Cleanliness, Life Safety and Tenant Work Order Status. Identifies areas for improvement.
- Responsible for procuring managing and tracking service contracts for primary systems including Fire & Life Safety Testing, Emergency Generator PM, Water Treatment, Elevators and Mechanical Service. Working with Sr Engineers monitors and administer contracts.
- Assist/Schedule property tours as directed by the Property Manager/Asset Manager for various Lenders, Consultants, Appraisers, Insurance or Government Personnel.
- 2-year certificate and or degree in a facilities related program and or a high school diploma and vocational training in HVAC, electrical, steam engineering, plumbing and facilities is required.
- Professional licensing requirements vary based on location, but may include HVAC, steam engine, electrical, pipefitter, plumbing, waste water, steam and high-pressure vessels, and/or stationary engineering.
- Certification requirements vary based on location, but may include Facilities, Energy Management, LEED, ACM Awareness, NFPA, BOMA, AFE, and/or IFMA.
- 6-10 years of experience working on laboratory or similar complex mechanical, electrical & HVAC systems. Including maintenance, repair and troubleshooting with 2 to 3 years in a Lead Engineering role leading a small team of 4 or more engineers preferably in a laboratory or medical research environment. Strong knowledge of building codes, life safety codes and local regulatory requirements.
- Required skills for this position include: positive interactions with Tenants, Vendors and Peers, ability to mentor and train staff members identifying personal performance plans based on global goals for the team and site, strong written and verbal communication, ability to prioritize and organize responsibilities efficiently in a fluid environment will be a prerequisite to leading a successful team, and strong mechanical system knowledge with an analytical approach to systems operations, maintenance and repair.
- Required technical skills for this position include: Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Outlook E mail, CorrigoNet CMMS software, SAP Enterprise and various building automation software systems such as Siemens Insight.
- This position requires up to 10% travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace
Instructions to Apply:
Apply Online via link below.