R.J. Kelly Co., Inc., a growing commercial real estate investment and management firm, is seeking a hard-working, energetic, and experienced individual to be a Building Engineer for commercial office property located in Lexington/Burlington MA.
This position reports to the Buildings’ Chief Engineer and the assigned Property Manager.
The successful candidate will have a minimum 3 years of experience in Commercial Building Maintenance with demonstrated knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical (HVAC) systems with VAV distribution, EMS and other systems typical to larger multi-tenant facilities. Candidate must be industrious, have strong interpersonal communication skills and sense of personal responsibility, and take pride in his/her work.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday.
- MUST have 3 years of experience.
- Capable of working overtime when the situation arises.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check.
- Must have a clean and neat appearance.
- Be honest and courteous.
- Willing to work with others as a team member.
- Must exemplify R.J. Kelly Co., Inc.’s high standard of professionalism.
Responsible in ensuring the efficient operation and maintenance of mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems for the assigned properties. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) maintaining a clean and safe working environment, performing rounds, conducting routine assessments, performance of day-to-day preventive and corrective maintenance, painting, and housekeeping for assigned properties
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all plumbing, electrical, or HVAC requirements of the building(s)
- Maintain heating equipment, chillers (air and/ or water cooled), DX units, pumps, cooling towers, fan coil units, VAV, and air distribution systems, etc.
- Monitor and adjust all mechanical/pneumatic equipment, steam stations, control gauges, distributor panels, valves, thermostats, diffusers, and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for the buildings
- Verify field conditions and perform any necessary repairs or adjustments
- Monitor Energy Management
- Repair doors, ceilings, hand railings, and floors and other general repairs, adjustments and installations about the property
- Perform repairs to plumbing fixtures (water closets, urinals, flush valve assemblies, lavatories, etc.)
- Perform preventive maintenance duties in accordance with R.J. KELLY standards, building protocol, manufacturer recommendations and industry best practices. including changing filters, cleaning coils, flushing condensers, punching tubes, greasing fan, pump and motor bearings as required, inspecting and adjusting belts, replacing motor bearings, aligning pulleys and shafts, monitor condenser, chilled, heating and secondary water chemical treatment and its associated feed equipment, clean and maintain cooling towers, and perform annual inspections and other scheduled routines as directed.
- Inspect engine room equipment, fan room equipment, cooling tower, all motors, house pumps, electric rooms, back-up generator, fire pump(s), sump pump(s), and ejector pumps. Replace lamps, light fixtures, reinstall or replace signage, verify rooms are clean and clear of obstructions and debris
- Check for properly operating emergency exit signs and lights and ensure free and clear access to emergency stairs and exits. Perform additional fire and life safety inspections as per NFPA and local jurisdiction, R.J. KELLY standards, building protocol and as directed by superiors and property management
- Document and report activities to supervisor
- Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as relates to building operations and practice safe work habits
- Complete all required R.J. KELLY Safety Training as scheduled annually.
- Comply with R.J. KELLY Uniform Dress Code while working and maintain a neat and clean appearance while on the property at times other than working hours
- Technical Proficiency
- Sense of Urgency
High School Diploma of GED Equivalent
- Graduate of apprentice program or trade school preferred
3+ years of related work experience in operating mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems in a commercial property setting
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses, such as Refrigeration Certificate of Fitness, High Pressure Boiler License, High Pressure Steam Operator, etc.)
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record with periodic checks (where applicable)
May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or on call duties.
We offer competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include; Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, 401(k), Paid Time Off (vacation, sick days, some holidays), uniforms, and a company cell phone. All candidates must have a clean and valid MA Driver's License and 3 years minimum experience in service, repair and install work.
Please apply for consideration. Confidentiality guaranteed.
Instructions to Apply: