To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations should be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION OR LICENSURE REQUIRED BY THE JOB:
1. Must have a State of Massachusetts Oil Burner Technician License.
2. Must have a broad knowledge of HVAC control systems in conjunction with appropriate service maintenance contracts and/or other control systems contractors.
3. Must have a valid Driver's License.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The statements below are intended to describe the principal duties of the person or persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities. Lasell College has the right to add or change the job responsibilities at any time.
1. Install, maintain, troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and operate campus HVAC systems and component pans especially hot water & steam boiler fired by No.2 and No. 4 oil.
2. Work from piping diagrams, schematics, blueprints, sketches and/or verbal instructions.
3. Utilize a variety of tools and instruments associated with the trade.
4. Observe safety regulations at all times.
5. Clean work area and maintain tools and equipment
6. May direct and train lower-rated trades' person or helper.
7. Under supervision, must be able to coordinate work with other trades.
8. Willingness to work overtime.
9. Work with energy computer checking, monitoring, and programming as directed.
10. Perform other duties normally within the scope of an HVAC mechanic's duties including domestic hot water and refrigeration and other duties as dictated by special demands of this area.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED BY THE JOB:
Education level: High School graduate with additional courses in HVAC installation and repair strongly preferred. LICENSE REQUIRED.
At least 2 years of applicable experience.
Computer Skills: N/A
Other Requirements: Must be in good physical health.