This position is responsible for overall maintenance, operation and continuous improvement projects within the cyclotron department with primary emphasis on process reliability.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Provides mechanical/electrical support, design and enhancement to ensure safe, reliable and efficient radio-isotope production and processing in alignment with current and future production demands.
- Performs continuous systems evaluations – identifies measures or indicators of system performance and actions required to improve or correct performance.
- Conducts quality control analysis - conducts tests and inspections of products, services, and processes to evaluate quality and performance to ensure production and customer satisfaction.
- Monitors and acts on cyclotron output performance and operating efficiency through developing and analyzing operational and machine performance metrics with the goal of continuous improvement.
- Develops and delivers performance monitoring reports based on area of responsibility with roll-up visibility.
- Assist technicians and improves group understanding of cyclotron operation and processes by developing and/or enhancing department SOP’s and training guides.
- Drives routine and non-routine repairs and troubleshooting of cyclotron systems inclusive of RF systems, high voltage/ high current power supplies, high vacuum systems, ion sources, beam injection/transport lines, target systems, utilities systems, target processing equipment and PLC/HMI control systems.
- Cross functionally supports the business development group in exploring new cyclotron applications and in radioisotope process development.
- Supports validation and/or commissioning of cyclotron production equipment.
- Responsible for oversite of operation and performance of cyclotron support equipment (e.g. cooling systems, compressed air, HVAC etc.).
- Supports the development, institutionalization and maintenance/operator qualification program to ensure high level of systems understanding by team members in cyclotron operations.
- Provide off hours technical support to operations staff to address operational issues in support of the manufacturing schedule as required.
- Supports production scheduling based on production forecasting through equipment availability that meets delivery needs.
- Actively promotes safety rules and awareness. Demonstrates good safety practices at all times including the appropriate use of protective equipment. Reports and takes initiative to correct safety & environmental hazards.
- Actively demonstrates the Lantheus values of accountability, quality, efficiency, customer service, collaboration and safety.
- BS Degree in Applied Science and/or Engineering with a minimum of 2+ years hands-on experience with accelerators or other related high energy physics background, equivalent military education and/or national/university lab experience may be consider in lieu of formal education
- A combination of education, training, and experience may be considered in lieu of above stated qualifications.
- Must possess strong mathematical background with the ability to apply these skills to analyze problems and design solutions.
- Possesses knowledge of the application of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships and applications, to understanding fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics, and mechanical, electrical, and atomic structures and processes.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of machines, machining and fabrication processes and tools, including their design, use, repair, and maintenance.
- Solid command of technologies, tools and best practices in designing mechanical equipment using 3D modeling and engineering drawings.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures, internal and external.
- Possesses strong analytical thinking and communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask in a fast pace, hands on production environment.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications
- Prior experience working in adverse environments (radiation and high power electrical systems).
- Ability to use standard electronic test and measurement instruments (DVM, oscilloscope, micrometers, etc.).
- Ability to safely work in regions of high voltage, stored energy and radiation
- Hands-on experience with PLC and HMI required.
Instructions to Apply:
Please visit http://www.lantheus.com/careers/overview/ to apply.