The Carroll School is a dynamic independent day school for elementary and middle school students who have been diagnosed with language-based disabilities, such as dyslexia.
This position reports to the Facilities Manager and will be part of a team that cleans, maintains, and improves the campus buildings and grounds. Will assist in the maintenance of plumbing, carpentry, boiler systems, landscaping, and snow removal.
- Perform preventive and planned maintenance duties in all areas of the building and grounds work in its entirety, including repairing and maintaining the necessary records consistent with the maintenance work order system.
- Repair or make recommendations to supervisor on any defective equipment in his/her area of responsibility
- Perform a variety of building maintenance tasks
- Complete projects requiring light carpentry, carpentry repair, minor building repairs and assists with the upkeep of the buildings
- Maintain excellent communication practices with supervisor and all others as designated during performance of duties
- Maintain proper documentation practices for all assigned tasks, emerging issues, new discoveries and work related discussions
- High School Diploma and a minimum of 3 years direct experience in building maintenance
- Strong knowledge of carpentry, electrical and plumbing systems and equipment
- Ability to perform basic general maintenance i.e. carpentry, painting, and landscaping
- Good communication and documentation practices by using basic computer skills
- Must be able to push, pull, lift up to fifty pounds and routinely walk to and from various buildings carrying tools, equipment and other essentials to the job site
- Must be able to stand, walk, carry, stoop, kneel, bend, and reach overhead, climb and focus both near and far
- Must be able to work outside in varying weather conditions
- Ability to shovel snow when asked, knowledge of snow plow equipment preferred
- Ability to read and work from blue prints, schematics, diagrams etc.
- Ability to effectively perform work in accordance with governmental and other regulatory agencies including EPA, OSHA, DEP etc.
- Strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Current state issued drivers license
This position is considered essential staff and is required to report to duty when scheduled or as needed even when the School is otherwise closed due to weather or another emergency. Work days and hours are subject to change to meet the needs of the School. The Carroll School offers a competitive salary & benefits package as well as professional development opportunities. The Carroll School is an equal opportunity employer and seeks candidates who represent diversity.
Instructions to Apply: