Job Description *
The Plant Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the care and maintenance of all property and production assets in a safe, sanitary and efficient condition. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for staying up to date on new products, equipment, technology and techniques.
* Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements (both planned and unplanned) on production, packaging, processing equipment, and utility systems (to provide a continuous supply of heat, steam, cooling, electrical, power, gas, or air required for operations).
* Readily available for emergency repairs in breakdown situations
* Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
* Performing preventative maintenance (i.e. conducting computerized preventative maintenance check-ups or reading SPC charts and data)
* Line manufacturing support systems (ozone generation, line/lube delivery, chemical delivery, ingredient delivery, PH house)
* Complete work orders in a timely manner maintaining high quality standards
* Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
* Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
* Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
* Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by reporting low supply levels to Supervisor
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would include lockout-tagout requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
* Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements *
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; Formal Engineering/Maintenance Training desired
* 2 years minimum experience in a maintenance role within a manufacturing facility, preferably food and beverage industry.
* 1 year minimum experience with one or more technical experiences: Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, computer controlled equipment, PLC and HVAC
* 1 year minimum experience on a variety of equipment including lubricating, cleaning, material handling, motor control, relay control, process control and packaging equipment.
* Professional experience with ammonia refrigeration systems preferred.
* Ability to inspect equipment, recognize potential problems and independently take appropriate corrective action to prevent component failures or equipment down time
* Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
* Must be able to work in a wet environment with moderate to high noise volume.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Current openings on second and third shift
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Go to http://www.deanfoods.com and click “careers” in the upper right hand corner. Search by location for Lynn, MA to view our open positions. We are currently looking for both second and third shift.