Operates and maintains all building systems. Responsibilities will be carried out in a manner consistent with high quality maintenance and economical operation of the building’s equipment and systems. Ability to work independently most times with no on-site supervision. May be assigned to multiple properties and ownership entities. Similar mechanical skill-set as an Assistant Chief but does not oversee additional staff or perform managing duties. Must be available to respond to after hour emergency calls.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Maintain and check operating logs daily on the following: air conditioning, fan units, graph charts, utility meters and general complaints.
2. Organize work orders to be performed by Building Engineers. Ensure that building systems and tenant service requests are handled efficiently at the most economical cost. Strive for minimal equipment downtime.
3. Oversee and adhere to the established preventive maintenance program.
4. Assist in the development of the annual budget and RFP process for budgeted projects.
5. Order supplies and materials via written or verbal communications when approved by Building Manager.
6. Maintain monthly inventory of expendable supplies and materials that are used frequently. Oversee storage and maintain records of supplies and materials received.
7. Maintain inventory of permanent tools and equipment annually. Ensure model and serial numbers are recorded exact description of tool and equipment.
8. Maintain and record meter readings.
9. Make weekly inspections of all engineering spaces and equipment. Make a written report to building manager for approval and posting.
10. Maintain organized building files.
11. Verify, prior to starting a job, that all tools and equipment are available before commencing work.
12. Submit monthly reports to Building Manager on work performed and work needed to be done.
13. Respond to tenant complaints and ensure all reasonable measures are taken to satisfy the tenant’s needs in a timely and efficient manner.
14. Understand operating procedures and proper chemical treatment levels for cooling towers and boilers. Responsible for chemical treatment of machines at all times including blow down of boilers covering weekdays and weekends.
15. Maintain and check service contractors work schedule. Ensure time, date, repairs are made and properly recorded.
16. Have a complete understanding of life safety systems, and what the procedures are in the event of a fire.
17. May coordinate evening fire alarm tests and also test to ensure elevator capture system works properly.
18. Accountable for implementation of national policy.
Skills, Education And Experience:
High School Diploma.
Minimum of 7 years previous building operations engineering experience.
Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions.
Proficient computer and e-mail skills.
Holds necessary/required licenses.
Must have the ability to complete required safety classes that pertain to specific job duties.
May perform other duties as assigned
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Grubb Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.