- Install, service and maintain HVAC systems
- Perform routine maintenance and service work on compressors, pumps, exhaust fans, air handlers, steam condensate systems, chillers and computer room air conditioners.
- Work on boilers and traps
- Replace motors, belts, pumps, filters, bearings, shafts and adjust drivers
- Cooling tower maintenance
- Troubleshoot and repair chiller, boiler and packaged roof top control systems
- Measure air and water flows and make adjustments
- Troubleshoot and repair HVAC systems on both routine and emergency basis
- Ability to follow and complete work orders and preventative maintenance duties and provide updates on the work order status
- Ability to work efficiently, productively, and with minimal supervision
- Follow safety precautions with appropriate PPE; providing an environment for personal and public safety
- Maintain a clean work site and area that minimally interferes with University operations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Must have a valid Massachusetts refrigeration technician license
- Must have a valid EPA recovery license
- Minimum of 5 years licensed experience in commercial refrigeration, ventilation and heating installation, service and repair work
- Ability to work with a Direct Digital Control systems
- Ability to identify and order all parts and required to complete HVAC work
- Ability to braze, silver solder, and work with black iron pipe
- Ability to diagnose electrical problems on low voltage systems
- Ability to lay out new piping and make repairs on existing systems
- Ability to work from ladders and lift heavy items up to 50 lbs.
- Basic arithmetic and measurement skills
- Ability to diagnose steam trap problems
- Must have and maintain valid Massachusetts driver’s license and daily use of an automobile
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Operate power tools and maintenance equipment, i.e. Propress, scissor lifts etc.
- Ability to lift heavy items up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to speak, read, understand and write fluently in the English language
- Knowledge of basic safety procedures
- Electrical license
- Pipe fitter license
- Oil burner license
- Proficiency in Seimens or Andover Controls
Instructions to Apply:
Please submit an application using the job link provided.