The Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport) is currently accepting bids for the position of HVAC Mechanic (Bargaining Unit, Local Union No. 537) in the Aviation department. The HVAC Mechanic performs general HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) maintenance and repair duties in all Massport structures at Logan International Airport.
EDUCATION: Ability to read; demonstrate basic oral, written, mathematical and manual skills; and operate machinery.
EXPERIENCE: 3 - 5 years' experience in commercial air conditioning, refrigeration, and HVAC Systems maintenance and service required.
1. Current and valid driver's license required.
2. Massachusetts Refrigeration Technicians License required.
3. EPA #608 Refrigerant Certification required.
4. Extensive knowledge of building heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems and associated equipment and controls required.
5. Working knowledge of LP steam piping and radiation/reheat converters preferred.
6. Working knowledge of control circuitry including low voltage, electro-pneumatic and electronic systems required.
7. Knowledge of computer based remote monitoring and control of HVAC and
mechanical systems preferred.
8. Ability to troubleshoot electro-pneumatic systems preferred.
9. Ability to pass airfield driving test and obtain Aerodrome Ramp and Apron License required.
10. Ability to attain Massport security clearance required.
11. Ability to pass a Massport drug test and background check required.
Massport is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity
Apply on-line through http://www.massport.com.