Supervisor: Maintenance Supervisor, Golda Meir House
Status: Non-Exempt Hourly; 25 hours per week, for the duration of the Golda Meir House renovation construction project, estimated to be completed by November 2018
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Schedule is flexible hours based on project requirements, and as agreed upon with Maintenance Supervisor.
This position performs necessary repairs and other related maintenance work in resident apartments prior to each move-in during the renovation project relocation process, and other related maintenance work as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor. Working in resident apartments requires the sensitivity and interpersonal skills to relate to older adults in a home environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Performs minor electrical, plumbing, and heating as assigned and allowed by local code without a license
• Repair or replace cabinets, countertops, faucets, flooring, appliances, light fixtures, etc. as directed
• Performs light carpentry, and patching and painting as directed
• Hang pictures, mirrors, curtains, secure wall units as needed.
• Replace or repair door and window locks, switch key cores.
• Add or replace grab bars where required by individual resident needs.
• Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor
Working Conditions/Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to type, file or lift office supplies up to 20 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
• High School diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education/training preferred.
• At least 3 years of related work experience.
• Requires basic knowledge of plumbing, heating, and electrical systems and ability to make repairs not requiring a license.
• Must be able to safely use hand and power tools, etc., and must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Detail oriented with excellent problem solving skills.
• Must have good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with limited supervision and as part of team and demonstrate good customer service skills at all times.
• Fluent in spoken and written English language essential.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis