- Make scheduled rounds regarding technical operations in the mechanical and boiler rooms.
- Log all pertinent data on these rounds and make adjustments as needed.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment as well as deficiencies in guest rooms.
- Respond to any routine or emergency call that comes in to the Engineering Department.
- Additional duties not mentioned above may also be requested by supervisor.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/GENERAL REQUIREMENTS/REQUIRED PHYSICAL, MENTAL ABILITIES
- Candidate must hold 2nd Class Steam Fireman License or higher issued by the Massachusetts Department of Public Safety.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of methods and practices used for operation of Steam Boilers.
- Knowledge of the Operation and Maintenance of HVAC Systems.
- A working knowledge of the use of Hand and Power Tools used in operating, maintaining and repairing Boiler Room equipment.
- Use written (verbal/visual) sources of information, e.g. read reports, procedural documentation, reference materials.
- Use non-verbal/visual sources of information, e.g. reference graphs, tables.
- Use verbal auditory sources of information, e.g. interviews, group meetings..
- Use non-verbal auditory sources of information, e.g. alarms.
- Use oral communications to perform work, e.g. answer telephone, receive visitors.
- Digital dexterity, e.g. using computer keyboard.
- Stand; sit; reach; grasp; lift/carry up to 75 lbs.; walk; climb; kneel; squat/bend; push/pull.
- Make decisions requiring limited judgment, e.g. task sequencing, filing, sorting mail.
- Make general decisions in the absence of specific directions, e.g. prioritizing workload.
- 1-2 years HVAC experience preferred.
- Experience with hotels and restaurants a plus.
- Shift work may be required.
Instructions to Apply: