Full time Lobster Handler and Maintenance Manager Position with overtime opportunities
In business for 30 years, a well-established, fast paced wholesale lobster company looking for a lobster handler who has the ability to do equipment maintenance work on a regular schedule. They would start as an assistant to the operations manager who now does the maintenance with the objective of being the Maintenance Manager. Company offers competitive wages and an excellent benefit package. Candidate must be reliable, hard-working, be able to handle early start times, some Sunday work and have reliable transportation. Must be able to easily lift 60lbs and work on their feet all day. We are looking for someone who is interested in a long-term, permanent position with opportunities for growth.
Primary responsibilities include:
1. A working member of the floor team, who spends most of his day, receiving, grading, floating, packing and shipping lobsters from every source, to every customer. A person who does whatever it takes to facilitate the smooth running of the lobster operation. Has the capability to learn how to handle lobsters correctly and meet our standard of excellence.
2. A person who can handle general building maintenance inside and out and has a general knowledge of tools and how to use them. Has knowledge of or can learn maintenance of pumps; pump motors; pallet jacks and a variety of basic repairs on equipment.
1. Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently.
2. Must be able to pass a back ground check.
3. Must have own, reliable transportation
4. Must be well organized to keep track of maintenance schedules
5. Education – high school diploma or equivalent
6. Lobster or general maintenance experience a plus
Work schedule: not limited to but including, 5 days a week and Sunday morning. Changes are possible do to holidays, new flight schedules, etc.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to work hard and has the willingness to learn for a growing company and to join a committed and experienced team!