Full time Assistant Floor Supervisor and Lobster Handler Position with overtime opportunities
In business for 30 years, a well established, fast paced wholesale lobster company looking for a lobster handler who has the ability to lead a small crew, they would start as assistant floor supervisor with the objective of being a floor supervisor. Company offers competitive wages and an excellent benefit package. Candidate must be reliable, hard working, be able to handle early start times, some Sunday work and have reliable transportation. Must be able to easily lift 60lbs and work on their feet all day. We are looking for someone who is interested in a long-term, permanent position with opportunities for growth.
Primary responsibilities include:
1. A working member of the floor team, who spends most of his day, receiving, grading, floating, packing and shipping lobsters from every source, to every customer. A person who does whatever it takes to facilitate the smooth running of the lobster operation. Has the capability to learn how to handle lobsters correctly and meet our standards of excellence and then be able to supervise a small team to meet those standards.
2. Must work well with others and be an integral part of a team. Needs to have the ability to eventually lead and manage a crew.
3. Will assist floor supervisor for the continuous efficient operation of the team of lobster handlers that are needed to carry out daily operations.
1. Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently.
2. Must be able to pass a background check.
3. Must have own reliable transportation.
4. Education – some college a plus
5. Managerial experience a plus
6. Lobster experience a plus
Work schedule: not limited to but including, 5 days a week and Sunday morning. Changes are possible due to holidays, new flight schedules, etc.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to work hard and has the willingness to learn for a growing company and to join a committed and experienced team!