The Facilities Manager is responsible for managing all HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, safety, and custodial plant needs. The Facilities Manager will both supervise and actively participate in the maintenance of plant and equipment. This is a hands-on job that will require the successful candidate to be available for facility needs outside of normal business hours. It is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop facilities management skill sets. The Facilities Manager reports to the Assistant Director.
• Manage all work related to the maintenance of buildings and equipment including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, custodial, security, grounds, and classroom preparation
• Supervise small maintenance and custodial staff and ensure custodial needs are provided on a timely basis by assisting when needed
• Keep buildings safe by making sure they meet building code requirements, schedule inspections, secure permits, etc.
• Manage cost effective procurement of equipment and supplies.
• Manage relationships with contractors and vendors ensuring efficient facility operations in all maintenance and repair areas
• Serve as primary contact for and participation in resolving facility related emergencies which may require evening and weekend work as needed
• Work with other staff to develop and manage facility budget.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in facilities maintenance and management, including supervising others
• Excellent handyman skills required
• Ability to identify problem areas, prioritize and execute projects with limited resources
• Attention to detail, self-motivated and a “can do!” attitude required
• Working ability in routine computer applications
• Good organizational, communication and supervisory skills
• Must be available to respond to and assist in after-hours situations
• Ability to safely lift 50+ lbs.
• English fluency required; Spanish-speaker a plus
• Driver’s license required; vehicle ownership a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Salary (depends on experience)
• Paid vacation, public holidays, and sick leave; medical insurance; free classes
Qualified applicants: Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Cambridge Center for Adult Education (HR Dep’t.)
PO Box 9113 Cambridge, MA 02238
The Cambridge Center for Adult Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse staff that reflects the communities that we serve.