A.W. Perry, a relationship-driven real estate investment and services firm with offices in Boston and Hingham, MA is currently seeking a Building Engineer for its South Shore Commercial Property Portfolio in the Hingham/Rockland area. The Building Engineer's primary responsibility is to ensure the efficient maintenance, repair and operation of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and life safety systems. In addition, they must provide timely and appropriate responses to tenant service and maintenance requests.
- Be a Good Will Ambassador- develop great rapport and relationships with tenants. Always a positive ambassador for the AW Perry brand.
- Respond to all tenant service and maintenance requests as directed by Property Manager
- Collaborate with tenants on Building issues in close coordination with the Property Manager and respond promptly and professionally to all tenant service and maintenance requests and after-hours emergency calls.
- Perform maintenance tasks as needed- minor plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, HVAC, janitorial etc.
- Maintain records and reporting for all building equipment, maintenance, and services.
- Maintain safe building conditions and safe work practices.
- Continuously assess the Buildings for ongoing upkeep and improvements.
- Oversee capital projects and tenant improvements as directed by the Property Manager.
- Work closely and coordinate with the Property Manager to keep them informed of any issues and work being conducted.
- Work closely and cooperatively with other A.W. Perry facilities team members.
- Coordination and participation in Emergency drills and actual evacuations.
- Adhere to scheduled preventive maintenance routines, including, but not limited to air handling units and VAV boxes, adjustments to pumps and motors, lubrication and adjustment to belts, exercise and inspect generator, exercise fire pumps, change filters, wash and disinfect coils and fans, inspect steam and chilled water valve
- Manage relationships with outside vendors for preventive maintenance of building systems and equipment.
- Work with outside contractors to perform contracted services and oversee repair work to ensure that work is performed according to contract specifications.
- Operate the Building Energy Management Systems and all other mechanical systems to ensure safe, efficient operation and comfortable building environments.
- Respond to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety or building maintenance concerns. (must have the ability to react quickly in these situations-which include water leaks, fire alarms, or other mechanical issues that may arise.)
- Become familiar with and assist at other A.W. Perry properties when needed.
Monday- Friday 6:00am – 4:00pm; (on-call 24-7 for emergencies. Weekend and after hours work will be required.) (after hours work will be on a scheduled, on-call or emergency basis. Weekend work will be required due to tenant requirements for off hour inspections/maintenance.
- At least 5 years of commercial office building maintenance experience is required. Candidate must have outstanding customer service skills including consistent politeness, patience, professionalism and a calm positive demeanor.
- High School Diploma Required. Associates Degree, BOMI SMA or technical school certification, and Refrigeration License.
- While performing this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle, feel and talk or hear.
- The individual is required to reach with hands and arms, sit, climb ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The individual must also frequently lift and or move more than 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 pounds.
Instructions to Apply: