Incumbents of positions in this series test, repair, install and/or maintain various types of electrical systems and equipment; troubleshoot electrical and related equipment; maintain adequate inventory of equipment and materials; inspect the work of outside contractors; and determine materials and/or equipment necessary for a job and on-the-job procedure changes.
The basic purpose of this work is to ensure the safe and adequate functioning of electrical systems and equipment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
1. Tests, repairs, installs and/or maintains various types of electrical systems and equipment by operating the appropriate equipment and tools to ensure proper maintenance and functioning of necessary equipment
2. Troubleshoots electrical and related equipment by using necessary equipment and reading schematics, diagrams and outlines to identify and correct operational problems
3. Maintains an adequate inventory of equipment and materials by contacting vendors for equipment prices and ordering equipment and materials
4. Inspects the work of outside contractors visually to ensure compliance with agency safety codes and regulations
5. Determines on-the-job procedure changes by consulting with trades people, private utilities, outside contractors and engineers to obtain technical advice and coordinate and expedite work projects
6. Determines acceptable quality of materials and/or equipment necessary for a job to ensure that completed work projects comply with specifications
7. Performs related duties such as reviewing technical literature to keep abreast of developments in the field; deciding when to kill main electrical power supply in an emergency; setting up, breaking down and/or moving staging; drafting schematics, diagrams and outlines
8. Write technical specifications for equipment purchases
9. Attend meetings, seminars, workshops, etc. to exchange information
10. Maintain reports such as time and production, repair, vacation, attendance, cost analysis, etc.
Hours of work are 7:00am to 3:00pm Monday through Friday.
*The official job description for this position is the Massachusetts State Job Specification Classification for an Electrician II. A copy of this is available in the Human Resources Office.
The Electrician II will promote the College’s commitment to collegiality by:
• Building effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the College by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
• Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
• Maintaining an environment that is welcoming and inclusive to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Review of applications begins on Friday, September 29, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
PLEASE APPLY ON MASSART’S WEBSITE: http://careers.massart.edu/postings/600