Job Title: Chief Building Engineer
Location: Foxboro, MA 02035
Duration: 6 months (Possible Temp to Perm)
Note: APPLICANT MUST POSSESS A MASSACHUSETTS ENGINEER 2ND CLASS OR 1ST CLASS OPERATING LICENSE – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Responsible for supervision of a high pressure steam power plant and air compressors utilizing shift operators operating 24 hours, 7 days a week. Directs vendors and subcontractors.
- Utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of all power plant and compressed air systems . Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance.
- Supports properties totaling approximately 1.0 million sq. ft.. Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Leads operations, assigns work orders, and/or provides technical and procedural training of coworkers and subcontractors. Arranges for subcontractors as needed.
- Consults with clients to schedule preventive maintenance and other downtime to minimize business interruption and inconvenience.
- Formulates and implements a preventive maintenance program to ensure that building steam and compressed air systems meet or exceed their rated life.
- Oversees and inspects the work performed by engineering staff and vendors. Determines that work is complete and equipment is fully functional.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed. Performs other duties as assigned. Position includes supervisory responsibilities for boiler shift operators.
- Also provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to staff.
- Coordinates and assigns tasks to boiler operations staff.
- Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
- Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and a minimum of seven years related experience and/or trade school training Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university preferred.
- Additional experience in HVAC, electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, or engine repair desirable.
- Massachusetts license as Engineer 2nd Class required.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
- Must have the ability to operate an EMS and CMMS system.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions.
- Additional Notes: 750,000 sq. ft. location with 2 steam power other locations.
- This role manages shift operations (across 3 shifts as this is a 24X7 operation).
- Manager preventative maintenance - Compressed air systems responsibilities.
- MUST HAVE experience with air compressors (no exceptions).
Instructions to Apply: