We are looking for a dynamic individual to perform as a Maintenance Technician to repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment in a commercial environment. You may also perform general, advanced or specialized maintenance functions depending on property needs.
In this position your primary responsibilities will include:
• Repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment
• Performing carpentry, painting, plumbing or electrical duties
Essential Job Functions
1. Repairs and maintains machinery such as motors, pumps, belts, and fans.
2. Repairs and maintain mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning. Diagnoses problems. Disassembles units, cleans, lubricates, repairs, and replaces parts
3. Performs routine to difficult carpentry duties, including installation of new doors and installation or repairs of doorjambs, moldings, hinges, door closers, locks, knobs, shelving and counter installation, ceiling tile/grid repair and installation, etc.
4. Performs routine to difficult painting duties, including drywall or plaster repair, painting, etc.
5. Performs routine to difficult plumbing duties, inspecting, installing, repairing and replacing pipes, fittings and plumbing fixtures, unclogging sinks and toilets, repair of faucet, assemblies and replacement of washers, repairs or replacement pipes, repair of fountains, etc.
6. Performs routine to difficult electrical duties, including inspecting and testing lighting, wiring and power circuits, replaces faulty switches, replaces faulty lamps and ballasts.
7. Performs preventive maintenance duties as assigned.
Works under the direction of the Maintenance Operations Manager. Responds to inquires from tenants or residents and directs to other people as necessary.
To become a valuable member of our team we are looking for the following:
• High school diploma/GED, or additional 3 years of experience to the required years below
• May require certification in trade disciplines (HVAC, CPO)
• May require valid state driver’s license
• At least 3 years prior experience working on a commercial or multi-unit residential property
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including over-time, nights and weekends
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and attention to detail
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Please apply via http://www.forestcity.net.