Biotechnology Manufacturing - Preventative maintenance
This position is responsible for supporting the Manufacturing and Operations Department in various activities including Facilities and Operations of the company and assistance to ensure manufacturing processes run smoothly across the board.
There is a variety of equipment that we do preventive maintenance on and then record it in PM logs on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The equipment is not too complex, but making sure it is all of the PMs are done in a timely manner is very important. It does include oil changing, silicone greasing some parts, and changing out “O-rings” and seals. There is also other more unique equipment that we perform PM’s on such as glove boxes, autoclaves, pouch sealers, etc. The Manufacturing Technician would be the person called on if we are having issues with any of the equipment and would either perform the fix him or herself, or make the decision to call in a service technician.
- Work on preventative maintenance of our manufacturing equipment
- Using hand tools, power tools, or postage meter
- Contacting carrier representatives to make transport arrangements
- Assist with outside third-party contractors on building and equipment repairs.
- Assist with maintaining and operating Building Management System
- Operates site equipment as needed, using hand and power tools as necessary.
- Preparing documents such as packing slips or bills of lading
- Corresponding with establishment representatives to rectify problems
- Packing, sealing, labeling, or affixing postage to prepare materials for transport
- May support maintenance mechanics and facilities staff such as furniture moves, simple electrical projects, spot painting and/or cleaning, light construction and/or exterior cleanup
- Fire Alarm Technician with 2-6 years of experience would be perfect (this is what your teammate's background is, so it's not required but would be a great fit).
- High School Diploma with solid relevant experience or Associates Degree /Certificate in a related technical field (ideally with relevant experience)
- Experience in facilities, Fire Alarm Technician (or related), manufacturing or preventative maintenance in manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Desire to succeed and a positive attitude
- Previous biotechnology experience is NOT required at all.
Instructions to Apply: