Job Title: Third Class Stationary Engineer
Location: Property Management Department
This is a provisional appointment.
Under supervision of chief building engineer, maintains building systems for City owned buildings, including heating and cooling.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks
· Supervises and participates in the operation of heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and other equipment for building systems.
· Cleans, maintains, repairs, and operates chillers, cooling towers, flow meters, pumps, compressors, generators, air-conditioning and refrigeration units and other mechanical equipment.
· Monitors and adjusts as necessary building management (automated control) systems, equipment, and gauges and power consumption, and monitors and controls the operation of all machinery including generators when necessary.
· Performs preventive maintenance and prepares building for seasonal changeovers for heating and cooling.
· Keeps accurate records in duty log and assists contractors performing work on building.
· Performs related work as required.
Minimum Entrance Qualifications
· Possession of a Third Class or higher Stationary Engineer’s license based on standards established by the Massachusetts Department of Public Safety and pursuant to Chapter 146 of the Massachusetts General Laws.
· Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
· Massachusetts driver’s license preferred.
· Hoisting license preferred.
· CORI check required.
Boston Residency Required.
Please contact John Sinagra, Building Systems Engineer 617-635-4109 for more details.