The Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport) is currently accepting bids for the position of 2nd Class Stationary Engineer (Bargaining Unit, Local Union No. 25) in the Aviation Department. The 2nd Class Stationary Engineer performs operational and maintenance duties in the Central Heating Plant at Logan International Airport.
EDUCATION LEVEL: High school diploma or equivalent required. Ability to read; basic oral, written and mathematical skills required. Includes manual skills and the ability to operate machinery.
EXPERIENCE IN RELATED FIELD: 3 - 5 years' experience in the operation of power plants required.
1. Second Class Engineer license required.
2. Knowledge of computer based automated control software of a large physical Central Heating/Cooling Plant preferred.
3. Working knowledge of high-pressure boilers, air conditioning chillers, cooling towers, steam turbines, and other cooling equipment required.
4. Working knowledge of high temperature hot water systems required.
5. Working knowledge of pipefitting required.
6. Working knowledge of chemical treatments for power plants required.
7. Valid and current driver's license unrestricted except for corrective lenses and automatic transmission required.
8. Ability to pass a Massport controlled substances test and background check required.
9. Ability to obtain Massport security clearance.
10. Ability to pass airfield driving test and obtain Aerodrome Ramp and Apron. License.
Massport in an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity
Apply on-line at http://www.massport.com