This is an accelerated study review course designed to quickly prepare candidates for Journeyman and Masters state licensing exam.
The current edition of The National Electrical Code and Mass Amendments and other State laws and regulations will be reviewed along with the related theory, calculations, and test taking techniques and preparation needed to succeed on the state exam.
Topics to be covered:
- Discuss the requirements of chapters 1-4 in the National Electrical Code (N.E.C.), including definitions, general installation requirements, load calculations, grounding and bonding, wire sizing, motors, wiring methods, and other general use equipment.
- Practice finding keywords in questions and using the N.E.C index to look through the code book in order to find the answer, by answering random multiple choice questions based on chapters 1-4 of the N.E.C.
- Review requirements of chapters 5-9 in the National Electrical Code, including hazardous locations, specific occupancies, garages, gasoline pumps, health care facilities, assembly occupancies and temporary installations, special equipment, special circuits, communications circuits, and chapter nine tables.
- Random multiple-choice questions from NEC chapters 5-9.
- Review electrical theory, terminology, and practical applications, including wiring diagrams, transformer connections, blueprint and schematic symbols.
- Questions and answer session on state laws and regulations pertaining to electricians including 237C.M.R., M.G.L. 141, and 143 and 527C.M.R. 12.00 The Mass. Electrical Code.
- Review of all topics, successful test taking techniques and preparation.
8:00 AM- 1:00 PM
* Due prior to start